Now you can create live videos on Twitter via its Android and iOS apps with the help of Periscope, using a single tweet users are allowed to live stream video through the platform. Facebook was the first social giant to introduce the live video feature on its app.
The latest updates of Android and iOS bring this feature to Twitter, and it is already accessible in India. For this to work.
- The user must have Periscope installed on their smartphone.
- Click on the Tweet button, see three new options for adding media content via the camera.
- By pressing the Camera button, you now get the option to add a photo, video, and start a live video.
- At this point, if you haven’t downloaded Periscope, Twitter will prompt you to do so.
- After signing up on Periscope, head back to Twitter to use the ‘Live Video’ feature.
Once you click on Live Video, you are directed to Periscope to start the live video, but it is also live streamed simultaneously on Twitter as well. The tweet reads by default ‘live on #Periscope’, and all the users on your timeline can watch it. You can stop the broadcast and even save the video onto your phone if you prefer.
“We started Periscope because we wanted to give people the superpower to share live video with an audience. Bringing this capability directly into the Twitter app is an important step because it brings that superpower to the hundreds of millions of people who use Twitter. Twitter’s already the place where people go to see what’s happening. With this update, anyone can now broadcast what’s happening live,” said Kayvon Beykpour, CEO of Periscope in a statement.